Monday, April 14, 2008

What a Weekend!

Well, we had a busy weekend at work. I was in charge for the first time. Not exactly my cup of tea, but something I am probably good at.

Daddy was home with the boys all weekend. I think he was working with Jake on potty training, but I don't know for sure.

Today was Jake's first day back to school after Spring Break. I think he was a little wild since he has been used to doing his own thing for a week. He should slide back into his routine soon. He did manage to wake up early every day last week. Figures.

Hopefully, I can get a little more work done on my Star Wars costume this week. Gee, it goes so much faster since I borrowed Bev's sewing machine! I did about the same amount in one night as I did in a month of hand stitching. Here is the one I am working on now:

http://jenfletcher.googlepages.com/mycostumejourney

I started a cottom version last fall. I got all of the "frame" done and completed the yellow dying. I ended up using the half finished costume at the Holy Walk at church (I was a medicine lady). After that night, I realized that the fabric was a lot heavier than it looked. So, I am re-making it with brushed panne which seems a lot lighter.

1 comment:

Rebecca (SewPixie) said...

Very cool on making a star Wars costume! Yeah a machine should certainly help a lot. Can't wait to see the progress.