Saturday, May 10, 2008

Busy Week

I am so glad it is the weekend. I have had a very busy week. Let's start at the beginning. After working a long weekend and being in charge, Monday was the day to unwind. Didn't do to much. Just tried to recover.


Tuesday, Election Day, I went to the polls and campaigned for Dr McGoff. He is one of the ER docs at work and was running against Dan Burton. I handed out flyers for 2 hours and got a nasty sunburn on my neck. Still hurts today. Dr McGoff didn't win, but it was pretty close. Something like 54-46%. I hope he will run again in 2010. I had so many people tell me they voted for him and they hope he wins. Hopefully, this sends a message to Burton saying, "46% of your district wants you out! Straighten up!"
Tuesday night, I took my mom to see Sylvia Brown. She was here on one of her lectures. It was my Mother's Day present for her. We didn't get to ask a question (not lucky enough, I guess). I was kinda disappointed. Sylvia stood up there and told bad jokes for about 2 hours and didn't really say too much. She said there is going to be another Clinton in the White House, but earlier on Montel, she said Obama would win. I liked her "opener" Collette Barron-Reid. She kinda did the John Edwards thing. She was very entertaining. I might have to check her out again in the future.
Wednesday through Friday, I worked like a dog! It was nice though, because it is Nurse's Week. We got some free food and a nice coffee mug. (Oooooh, Ahhhhh). I got lucky because they were also having a flower sale at work. I think I have enough flowers to finish my yard. I'll post some pics.


Yesterday, my Indiana Jones cards came. I didn't do too bad. I got an autograph card and a sketch card. I was thinking about putting the auto on ebay. I really wanted Karen Allen's card, but I didn't get it. I got Jim Broadbent. No one I had heard of. He is in the upcoming movie. But, I checked him out on IMDB (my favorite movie site) and it says he will be playing one of the teachers in Harry Potter 6. So, I think I will hold on to it. The sketch is another matter. I am not too crazy about it. It is a sketch of the "Melting Man" from Raiders of the Lost Ark. The interesting thing is, it is upside down. The artist drew on the card the wrong way. I was thinking about putting that on ebay because error cards usually sell. The fact that this is a sketch card on top of it makes things interesting. I'll have to think on it.







And, last but not least, I want to extend a special Thank You to Jacob, for unrolling the dental floss. If it weren't for him..., well, let's just leave it at that.





No comments: