Friday, April 10, 2009

Yet another expensive mistake...

What is a mom to do????

Yesterday, I decided to take a shower.  The boys were being angels, watching TV and I told them what I was doing.  Within a few minutes they had made their way up to our bathroom and were both playing at the sink.  Now, I don't know which one did it, but when I got out of the shower, I could only find my wedding band.  No engagement ring.  

I asked they boys what had happened and got no response.  Looked around everywhere.  I mean I was crawling around on the floor all day looking for it.  When Todd got home, I told him the good news.  He took a clothes hanger and went fishing in the sink.  He said that he was pretty sure the ring wasn't in there, because there was so much crap in the drain, it would never have made it through.  

The good news is we tried our little metal detector trick and both boys came up clean.  Now, I just have to keep searching.  Hopefully, it will turn up.  If not, maybe I can get a new one at some point.  I have thought about turning it in to our homeowners, but not sure if I want to do that just yet.  And for those of you who are thinking it, NO, I didn't lose it on purpose just so I could get a new one.


1 comment:

Karen said...

Yikes! They sure are mischievious!