Tuesday, November 4, 2008

That Was Fun (Not!)

OK, I just finished voting. Stood in line for an hour and Christian screamed the whole time. At least Jake was good. What irritates me is that "our" precinct had the 1 hour line, while the 2 other precints had no line = open voting booths. Hello??? Am I the only who has a problem with this?

It could have been worse, I guess. I went earlier when Jake got out of school, and the wait then was 2 hours. Todd was smart - he voted absentee.

In other news, I went to Jake's school this morning. The theme for the month is occupations, so I talked about being a nurse. I brought in gloves, masks, and xrays. I also gave everyone a bandage and let them all play with my stethoscope. It was very cute!

1 comment:

Rebecca (SewPixie) said...

My wait was about an hour too. I thought for sure by going at 6:30am I wouldn't have a line. And yeah, it sounds like they need to rethink your precincts!

I bet the kids liked having a bandage to play with during the presentation. I don't remember having career stuff like that when I was in school.