Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Day Of Firsts

Today, Jacob went to his first movie at a theater. I think it went very well. We went to see the Veggie Tales movie, "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" at the Free Family Movie Series this morning. Jacob was a good boy and stayed right by me as I got him his Kids Meal. I could not believe how crowded the place was. The parking lot was filled. They had Veggie Tales on 2 screens and Alvin/Chipmunks on 2 screens. Still, we had to sit in the second row in front. He was fine though. He watched the movie and stayed occupied the whole time. He was a little scared in the beginning, but we had "D", so life was good. I really think he enjoyed himself. Here's a pic of him at his first movie (Yes, I am the loser mom taking pictures in the theater):



Later in the afternoon, we went to the zoo. It was hot and it wasn't very crowded. Jake had fun in the petting zoo area. He got a little giggle when he touched one of the goats horns. Later, he took a pony ride all by himself while Mommy stayed with Baby.

In other news, Becca, Karen, and I all had a mini reunion at Texas Roadhouse, where I stuffed myself silly. It is a shame we weren't able to spend more time together. Maybe we can have some kind of virtual get-to-gether online, somehow. Didn't snap any pics at that one.
We have a busy week coming up. Tomorrow - TV delivery (good thing we got the warranty. A recent storm blew out the sound. So, we ca$h in and get a new one!). Thursday - First Steps comes to evaluate Christian with his speech. Friday - Bunk Bed delivery. Then, I have to work the weekend. In charge, as usual (booo!).

No comments: